Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Different Sign of Spring....

Iam the kind of person who changes their purses with the seasons. This spring/summer I had a purse made for me by a lady who makes quilted purses. I found out about her through Littleman's bookfair at school. This lady and her sister were at a side table selling small quilts and quilted purses. I fell in love with one but when I went back the ladies was gone. I got their number and called them but came to find out the the lady that makes the purses lives in TN! So I called her there and she had sold the purse I like but was willing to send me swatches of material to pick out for a purse of my own of which I did. The finished product is below. I wish you could all see it in person, the pictures don't do it justice. Its has a pocket outside and 3 pockets inside. The inside is lined also with quilted material and has a frame type thing on the bottom of the inside to keep its shape.

I still cant believe the lady who made it went out of her way to do this all for me and the price was well worth it at $30.00. I Love This Purse! It adds some nice spring colors to me and actually makes me smile.

Its been a long week and its only Wednesday, Iam gonna need a long nap when this week is over, oh wait a second next week will be even more hectic, my father is coming to visit, Lord help me!




13 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger holli said...

I always have to change purses with the seasons too..

Cute purse!!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Cute!

I am so not into purses. I carry one for like MONTHS!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger jeni said...

oh that's pretty! :) WOW!

good luck with the visit sweetie! keep us posted & remember...

BREATHE & RELAX!! lol!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Marv said...

it is very cute!! i love quilted purses like that too!!
she is cool!!!! handmade for $30 bucks?? that is pretty neat!!!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am a purse lover!! I have a ton of them, I really like this one, I love the green color.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger mommyof4 said...

Cute purse it is very springy! i am a plain purse type girl like black or brown but i do think other purses are cute.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

I love purses....like LOVE them....and I LOVE yours!!! mind sending me the number???

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I LOVE this purse...the colors the fabric...wow! I'm more like Erin, tho I have a number of purses, I just trade between my black or my brown ones...oh well...zzzZzzz

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger acumamakiki said...

I always change purses too although I'm getting a little more wear out of my brown one. When we come back from vacation, it's really time for the switch!
The purse is very cute.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

I WANT THAT PURSE!!!!!!!!!!
OMG! It's THE best!
Way to go Suz!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger momyblogR said...

I LOVE the color! Yeah, I hear those Tennessians are some pretty nice folks, lol! So glad you were able to find her.

Dad coming....IN through the nose/OUT through the mouth, LOL!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Very cute! That was so nice of her.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger islandarts said...

That is a gorgeous little purse! All of my favourite colours right now.

You should add contact info for that lady- she'd probably get a lot of business!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!