Friday, April 14, 2006

~Older I Get The Harder It Gets~

Losing weight that is. I remember 14 years when I lost 75 pounds it seemed so much easier to get the weight off. I would watch what I ate but didn't have to watch everything that was put into my mouth and still do ok. I also only had to exercise 3 times a week and the weight would come off. These days now that Iam older its so much harder to get the weight off.

Back on Feb. 4th I joined an all female gym called "Fitness Divas", gotta love the name! Its a wonderful place runned by a wonderful lady with a very outgoing personality. The place is very inviting and makes me comfortable and makes me want to go there. Anyways, the month of Feb. was not a good one and I only ended up going there 1.5 weeks because of either myself or littleman being sick. Also for the month of Feb. I really wasn't watching what I was eating, I know bad on my part. When March came I decided to take charge and I moved forward. Through QVC I decided to join NutriSystem's over 40 program eating their foods Monday thru Friday and then off on weekends but still watching what I eat. In this program they also have you eat a lot of salad foods and veggies of which I have eaten so much of in the past month that my body had some major re-adjusting to do. Too much fiber can reak havoc on anyone's body :/, lol Because of how much it cost I may not be able to stay on it until I reach goal but I have been learning a lot from the program and taking lots of notes to know what foods I would need to buy if I had to go off and still wanted to lose. I do have to say there have been days when I have slipped off the program and had way to much sugar and have paid for it. It seems once your body is use to eating healthy the minute you invade it with "toxic" foods it rebels and mine did making me feel sick to my stomach and dizzy. So I try my hardest to stay ontrack. Weight Watchers has crossed my mind (lost 50 pounds on it once) and maybe if/when I cant afford NutriSystem anymore that will be my next step.

As for the exercise, I try to go 4 to 5 times a week (always trying for 5). I do circuit training, treadmill, elliptical, free weights, the ball, and leg weights ... switching off and on with different equipment on different days.

Iam happy to say since taking complete charge on March 4th my body fat and BMI have come down and on my last measurement/weigh-in I have lost 8.6 pounds and 9.25 inches! I still have a ways to go, but hey it's a start!

Wish me Luck people I know there are times Iam definitely going to need it!

After a very busy Thursday, today is more of a free day. Iam going to take littleman to the park this morning before it gets to dam hot, hit 80's yesterday, going into the 80's today and then run some errands.

Have a great holiday weekend all and Happy Easter!





10 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Wow congrats Suz!

I started WW a couple of weeks and so far so good. I am starting to feel differently when I eat something I know I shouldn't especially at breakfast...I just feel blah all darn day.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Cinthia said...

Wow I'm so impressed with the frequency at which you go to the gym. I'm lucky if I go to the gym once every 3 months. Sounds like you're doing very well with your goals. Good luck!

Hugs,
Cinthia

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger mommyof4 said...

Alright for you keep up the goodwork! I know I will gain a few pounds over easter anf then I will loose again! Happy Easter to you too:)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Marv said...

I agree. The older the slower the metabolism is.
You are doing very good Suz!!! I have to admit that it is hard to stay on track on regular basis, there will be that times when we just splurge, but as long as you know you need to get back on track, that's not too bad =)
I know it can get very expensive with one of those diet programs.
Keep up the good work!!!
happy easter to you and yours!!!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Don't you just love age and weight? Sigh

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

you're doing great!! Keep it up.... I know you can do it!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Lala's world said...

good for you to be working at the gym so hard!! I totally need to do that too! I have been trying to lose weight and I am ashamed of my will power!!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Good for you! I'm sure you'll do it because you have a plan and you're being very organized about it. Good luck.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger acumamakiki said...

Good going girlfriend! I went back to WW (as you know) 2 weeks ago and while these past 3 days have been hard with passover and no exercise, I'm still sticking to the program. Good for you to get 4-5 days in ~ you're right, 3x a week doesn't cut it over 40 and sadly, I still haven't figured out how to fit it all in!
WW is a good option should you leave nutrisystems, esp. since you've got good habits already in place.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger momyblogR said...

Wow...8.6 and 9.25 is something to be proud of. Keep up the good work...you'll get there.

Happy Easter to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!