Monday, April 10, 2006

~Teeth, Ice Age & Mother Nature~

As I told you all last week was a very busy one having the kids home for spring break. We did a heck of a lot of running around. Today things are back to normal and the older 2 are already off to school and littleman will be gone soon also.

Hubby is home also. His away job ended last Friday, and while he was on his way home, his union called for him to report to another job close to home so no long travels for a few weeks. Its taking a bit getting use to, having him home after him being away since Sept. (only coming home "some" weekends).

Even though I would of liked to, we never did make it bowling on Friday. My dentist appointment was harder then I thought it would be and the root canal took more out of me then I thought it would, not to mention the Lortab for some reason this time around made me really sick (tooth is doing better but still sore some, takes me longer to heal because of the Lupus). So the movie outing had to be moved to Friday instead pushing out bowling for now.

So Friday, I took my oldest (who wanted to see it too) and my youngest (daughter had other plans) to go see Ice Age 2. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I liked the first one much better! Some parts of the movie were very funny but others were quite slow and sometimes boring. So much so that littleman was quite restless the last 30 minutes or so and could hear other kids getting restless also. Where as when he watches the first one he is glued to it. I guess there aren't much movies that are better then the first ones are.

Friday night/Saturday morning ended up being a very scary one. We were under tornado warnings Friday night and 4am Saturday morning the sirens went off and all electric went out right away. I wokeup to howling winds, hail and white lightening unlike I have ever seen before, have been through tornado warnings and sirens before in the past 5 years that I have been living here but nothing like this one, I have to say yes I was quite scared so much so that my oldest, littleman and myself spend 20 minutes in the bathroom waiting it out. Sitting in there we could hear all kinds of things banging around outside. Being 4am and dark we couldn't see much outside but the next morning there were huge branches and stuff from our patio all over the place. Apparently 4 small tornados did touch down 2 within 15 minutes from me, and 2 about an hour from me. 6 houses that are known of in my county were badly damaged , trees and powerlines were down everywhere. I never seen anything like it in person before only on TV. As far as I know from the news reports no one died and the injuries weren't bad thank the lord but a lot of damage was done around the area I live in and the N. GA area. We got our electric back early evening Saturday and spent Sunday cleaning up the yard. I hope we don't get anymore of those anytime soon.

This week will be another busy one, making cupcakes for littlemans school Easter party on Thursday and also helping out with the party. Saturday his school is having a Easter egg hunt that will go on all day and of course, I will be helping with that too. Add my older 2's activities to that and its going to be a long week!

14 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger mommyof4 said...

wow that does sound scary I am glad nothing bad happened to you and your family! I will be doing the same things this week with easter. Last night I filled thirty eggs with candy and tommorow I am going into help with the hunt!! FUN FUN FUN:)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Lala's world said...

wow that is scarey with the tornado's.......we never get anything like that up here, that must be a totally unreal experience!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Haley said...

Man..moms are busy.

I would've been so scared sitting in the bathroom.."waiting it out." Gee..glad to hear everything is alright.

As for IceAge2..I never saw the first and I don't plan on seeing the second..though up until reading your blog I was considering. I still must say my #1 fav. was Finding Nemo..and the Shreks.

Loveya,
Haley

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Geez I hate tornadoes. I'm so glad ya'll were okay thru it and hope that will be it for the season!
I need to make Easter cupcakes too! I was going to make sugar cookies for playdate tomorrow but maybe I'll do cupcakes instead?!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger ***Double_Oh_No*** said...

Oh, man, these tornadoes...CRAZINESS! I have been scared to death lately because it seems like we're under warnings and watches every other day. Good to hear that you guys are okay. I know how scary it can be, as we've been spending a lot of time huddled in the bath tub, too.

Sounds like you are very busy!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger acumamakiki said...

Glad you're all ok. Tornados are scary like earthquakes....there's nothing to do but just wait it out and hope where you are is alright.
Hope you all get used to Robert being home ~ it is hard to have them around more.....you sort of get into a routine.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Marv said...

yipeee...hubby will be home more often =b
ouchhy on the root canal!! i've never had one, but i know it's scary!!!
iced aged crossed from my list then. I watched final destination 3 and that wasn't all that hot either! the first one is always better!
ohhh...I Love making cupcakes...can I join???
we had some tornado warning few days ago too, but nothing near as scary as you described though!!
don't get too busy that you forget to take care of yourself ;)
btw..feel free to email me whenever you ready =)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Scary weather!! I'm glad you are all okay. I took my girls to see Ice Age 2, and like you I preferred the first one. My kids did, too.

I hope your root canal tooth is feeling better. I've had more than those than I care to remember...

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger momyblogR said...

SO glad that your family is fine. I swear, those storms SUCK!

Enjoy Hubbs being home...you'll get used to it, lol.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I hate spring weather in the south. So far we have been ok.

Life sounds busy and fun. Enjoy your hubby!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Partners in crime said...

OMG....LOVE the new pic suz...keep on keepin on baby

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger holli said...

Tornado season always scares the devil out of me, even after spending my entire life in tornado alley.

I'm sorry you're having it so rough with the dentist.. hopefully when it's all over - you'll feel much better!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger FrogLegs said...

I miss the storms back home- do NOT miss twisters. :) IA2 stunk huh? :( We were going to see it on Friday, but now... maybe we'll wait...

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Cinthia said...

Root canals are the worst! Alas I fear I will be facing one in the upcoming years. Hope you have a quick recovery. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!