Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thanks & Update...

First I want to thank you all for your comments, your thoughts, your prayers, hugs, emails, e-cards and so on. They are very much appreciated. Between the Yahoo Group I belong to and all you wonderful bloggers, its such a wonderful feeling to know that I have so many wonderful caring internet friends.

Sorry I have left you all hanging but I haven't been in any mood to come online and then had my daughter check my emails and blog and she was reading all of your caring comments to me. She said she couldn't believe how many blogger friends I had. So I figured I would try to update some tonight and then the rest in the morning though still not up to sitting here for long periods of time, because if the foot hangs too long the pain starts. So please forgive me for not checking in on all of you. I truly miss reading all of your blogs and hope to try and catch up on them soon.

Ok now the answer to the most asked question "How did you break your leg/ankle?" It was a freak accident. I was on my way out my front door going to the store. We have 3 cement type steps outside the door. One minute I was walking out the door and the next I was laying at the bottom of the steps in severe pain. I looked down at my right foot and it was swelling up and turning blue really fast (later found out it was just badly bruised) but the worst was when I looked at my left foot, the foot was all cut up, turned completely on its side and the ankle bone was facing upward. When I went to move I also noticed a bump sticking out of the same leg. I screamed for hubby who was all the way over on the other side of the 2 acre property cutting grass and couldn't hear me. Since I was on my way out I had my purse with me and in it was my cell phone, knowing hubby always has his glued to his side, I called him. He came running and when he saw me he said there was no way he could move me. So he called 911, and an ambulance came and confirmed that I definitely broke the ankle and possibly a bone in my calf. I was rushed to the hospital and they took xrays and found that I had broke 2 bones in and tore ligaments in my left ankle, broke a bone on one side of the left calf and tore ligaments and the other side of my left calf. Nobody could believe what a mess I had made of my poor leg. They had to put the bone and ankle back in place and OH MY GOSH I never screamed so loud in my life. That night I had emergency surgery done and had 2 screws about 2.5 inches long placed across my ankle and a small plate in my calf. To this day I still don't know how the heck I fell, one minute I was walking out the door and the next I was on the ground. They think I have so many breaks because of the Lupus and my arthritis.

Its been a rough 4 weeks. Iam healing but its a slow process and still have to take pain killers which I really hate doing but also cant deal with the pain at times. Iam in a boot type cast up to my knee to give both my calf and my ankle support. I start therapy tomorrow to learn how to use my ankle all over again. Something iam and am not looking forward to. Iam not looking forward to the pain I will have to go through but Iam looking forward to getting my ankle back and getting on with my lives. Not being able to do things for myself is driving me NUTS and I hate asking for help! The doctor says it will take atleast 8 weeks for it to heal possibly longer because of the seriousness of my injuries. For now I get around the house with a walker and use crutches (which I hate) when I have to leave the house. Oh also because of the stress of this all and having to use the walker and crutches, my "Lupus" arthritis is acting up in my left wrist/hand and right shoulder area. Like I said I just want this all to be done with!

What really sucks about all of this is that I have missed a few of littleman's end of the year activities at school and you know me iam always involved with his school. I also had to miss his bowling 5th birthday party last month of which hubby, my daughter and 2 of her friends ran for me. One day soon I will have to post pics from it. Next week is the last week of school for all my kids. Connor will graduate from pre-k next Thursday, and will be wearing a cap & gown and you bet iam gonna be there some how some way!

My older 2 have also been very busy with finals and all, their last day is next Friday. Oh yea Shain did ended up going to the prom 2 weeks ago and boy did he look so handsome in his tux and his date looked beautiful in her gown. Will have to post those pics also when I can.

Well thats about it for me. Off to the couch I go :-( to get my darn leg/ankle up and try and relieve some pressure.

Again THANKS so much for all of your caring comments. They are so very much appreciated. I hope you and your families are all doing well.

Much Love & Big Hugs

25 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger mommyof4 said...

I am so glad to hear from.This is so horrible for you!:( I pray you are healing well and you are back to yourself asap!:) Take it easy and don't be to hard on yourself let others help you deserve it:)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Anne said...

my goodness you have been through a lot. Thank the LORD you were able to call your husband...sometimes these little cell phones are the bees knees. I hope your physical therapy isn't as difficult for you as it seems and that you heal up in time to enjoy at least some of this summer. HUGS!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

oh my goodness!! that is totally brutal!
thanks for the update...we all been worried about you! and we miss getting our "hugs" from Suz!!!

glad you have the help you need at this time and hopefully you will heal well! we will continue to pray for you!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are doing better. I can only imagine the pain you've been through. Yes, the therapy will suck, but it will help! Take care and know we're thinking about you! Can't wait for you to get "back on your feet". LOL!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Glad to hear from you again! I was starting to wonder what you were up to. That was indeed a freak accident; funny how things can change in the blink of an eye, huh?
Well, I hope therapy goes well and you're back to business in no time.
I'll be thinking about you.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Erin said...

My Gosh Suz, I am sorry. I will pray that therapy goes better than you expect. Big hugs to you.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Marv said...

Suz...biggest hugs for you!! so sorry you have to go through all those pains and horrible accidents!!!!!!
get well soon!!!!My prayers are with you!!!!!!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Laura said...

dang girl, like me, when you break some bones you do it good!
keep on healing and hang in there with the PT it will pay off and you have my permission to bitch at them.
Hugs.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Haley said...

Oh wow.I wondered too for a minute how you could break your leg soooo badly. ..Lupus sucks.

Well I am happy to hear from you again. And I hope you heal nice and quickly. Take it easy though!!

Haley

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Pilot Mom said...

I'm so glad to get this update! I've been praying for you! We aren't going anywhere, so whenever you get to post is just fine! The most important thing is to get healed!

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger mar said...

Thanks for your update! so sorry about this, take good care of yourself and hang in there!!! hugs to you!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger holli said...

Suz,

I've checked back every day - but I somehow knew today would be the day you returned, even if for a moment. I'm so glad for an update. I'm soooo sorry - between your teeth and now your leg - good grief!!!

Get well soon - we've missed you!! No Suz in blogland is like.. a world gone mad!! HUGS!!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

Oh, its so good to hear back from you. So so sorry for all your problems. I hope that all goes well in the future with getting it back in working order. I'm sure it will, you sound like a very stong individual. Sounds like you also have a great team of family members pitching in to help out mom in her time of need. Chin up, life is short, this is a time to relect on and notice how much your family cares about you and how much they are able to support you. While you sit there on the couch just take mental notes on what they are doing and how they are so much into helping out. (listen to me good god, I sound like some theropist- definatly not!)
Wish you much much healing!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger acumamakiki said...

I'm glad I checked in, good lord Suz! I'm glad your on the mend although I'm sorry for all that you've gone thru. Hugs and kisses from up North ~ I'm just glad your husband was home that day. Sorry girlfriend!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Gah!! I was cringing in phantom pain as I read that. ow ow ow. Hope you have a quick recover.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger AFGUY said...

HEya Suz i hope all is well... im glad to be back. I was in S.America working but im back.. I have been saying saying a little prayer for you. I hope all if well!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Its so good to hear from you! I haven't been around much either, so I'm just now getting to your update. I hope things are getting better every day!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger jeni said...

hey there momma! i am just getting back into the blogging thing since moving.

i'm so sorry you got hurt! WTH?? how many times have i told you not to try & jump hurdles while going down stairs?!?!?!? you nut!

well i hope you're feeling better. write to me when you can, so we can catch up. and now that i'm here on EC, i'll have to plan a trip down to GA to see you & the fam! :)

take care sweetie! miss ya!

~jen

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger momsgoneloony said...

Wow...I haven't been reading blogs like I should....update please?

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Hey Lady!
I've been gone off and on for months. I've been thinking about you. I hope you're doing well. Miss you!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger FrogLegs said...

oh dear!!! I've come back to the land of blog-world. And was wondering how you were healing up. We've gone and move and all. Finally have internet. I hope by now you're doing much better. take care,

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

I miss you... are you coming back soooon? School's starting. Isn't that great ;) Well, for blogging it is!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger shelleyginger said...

Doggone Suz!! I guess this shows how much I've been around lately!! I am sooo sorry about your leg and I really hope that you're on the mend. ((((Sending hugs)))))

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Marv said...

wow....it's been long time since you blog! miss yaaaa!!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger FrogLegs said...

Just wanted to giv eyou some thoughts your way. Miss YA!!!!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!